Date: July 2022
Are you a rockstar RVT looking for positive work culture and a new home – as well as amazing clients and patients to serve? Michigan Road Animal Hospital at 96th Street is looking for YOU! We are looking for an experienced, registered veterinary technician to join our growing team! We are a group of dedicated, compassionate, and knowledgeable veterinary professionals who pledge to provide the highest level of care for dogs and cats in Indianapolis and surrounding areas.
Our AAHA-certified companion animal hospital offers a positive work culture, focusing on high standards of patient care with state-of-the-art equipment in a beautiful facility, built-in 2008. Competitive wages, benefits package, 401k as well as other generous benefits available.
Qualifications: Indiana State Licensed (or eligible) Veterinary Technician with a minimum of one-two years of experience preferred. The right candidate must possess a pleasant, professional attitude as well as a strong desire to learn. They must be self-motivated, a team player, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be comfortable multi-tasking and possess the ability to think and act both quickly and independently. Excellent client communication and patient-care skills are required.
Responsibilities: Selected candidates will routinely have the opportunity to utilize all of their training and advance their skill set in areas such as:
- Supporting our veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocating for our patients, and educating our clients.
- Obtaining relevant health history and information from clients and maintaining medical charts.
- Administration of injections, as well as performing venipunctures, and setting IV catheters.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Dentistry skills include cleaning, probing, charting teeth as well as oral radiology. Assisting the veterinarian in oral surgery.
- Utilizing multiple radiographic techniques; positioning knowledge.
- Familiarity and proper use of cold laser therapy techniques.
- Taking vital signs of patients, under minimal supervision.
- Preparing patients, medications, and equipment for surgery, as well as sedation and anesthesia preparation. In addition, monitoring of patient post-procedure during recovery.
- Assisting the veterinarian during surgical procedures – handing instruments, and materials to the Doctor.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and prepares samples for reference lab.
- Assisting with emergent or specialized patient care.
- Provide counseling for clients and deliver compassionate nursing care.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Pay is commensurate with skill level and experience. We offer a generous benefits package that can include medical, dental, long and short-term disability, vacation, 401K, uniform allowance, pet discounts, potential CE benefits and more.
Please use the resume submission form to express your interest and send us your resume today!
Michigan Road Animal Hospital at 96th Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.