Date: September 2020
Michigan Road Animal Hospital at 96th Street is hiring for Registered Veterinary Technician, RVT
We are a team of dedicated, compassionate and knowledgeable veterinary professionals working hard to provide the highest level of care for dogs and cats in Indianapolis and surrounding areas. We understand that every pet has a concerned owner, so rest assured that patient care and client satisfaction are top priorities for us. Our group of animal care providers and animal lovers have one mission: to meet and exceed our patients needs using compassionate, progressive, quality medical care. We practice high quality medicine including preventative care, surgery, digital radiology, dentistry and oral radiology as well as ultrasound, and laser surgery. Our AAHA certified companion animal hospital offers a positive work culture, focusing on high standards of patient care with state of the art equipment. Competitive wages, benefits package, 401k as well as other generous benefits available.
Our veterinary technicians play a big part in our client and patient experience. This role gives you the opportunity to utilize your veterinary technician skills while working directly with our doctors and team, as well as our patients and clients to provide the very best medicine and care possible. Applicants must love dogs and cats (and the people who own them too!), demonstrate reliability, a strong work ethic, communication skills, and the ability to work well as an individual or as part of a team. If this is you then consider joining our team!
Veterinary technicians must have a broad knowledge of animal science, medicine, and husbandry, including a basic knowledge of pharmacology and mathematical skills required for their duties. Some of the chief responsibilities our technicians are responsible for are:
- Supporting our veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocating for our patients, and educating our clients.
- Obtaining relevant health history and information from clients and maintaining medical charts.
- Administration of injections, as well as performing venipunctures, and setting IV catheters.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Dentistry skills including cleaning, probing, charting teeth as well as oral radiology. Assisting the veterinarian in oral surgery.
- Utilizing multiple radiographic techniques; positioning knowledge.
- Taking vital signs of patients, under minimal supervision.
- Preparing patients, medications, and equipment for surgery, as well as sedation and anesthesia preparation. Also, monitoring of patient’s post-procedure during recovery.
- Assisting the veterinarian during surgical procedures – handing instruments, materials to the Doctor.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and prepares samples for reference lab.
- Assisting with emergent or specialized patient care.
- Provide counseling for clients and deliver compassionate nursing care.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Requirements: State-recognized veterinary technician credential (CVT, LVT, or RVT) with credential in good standing required. Additionally, previous experience in a veterinary hospital, preferred.
This position requires desirable daytime, full day, shifts as well as some Saturdays. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time and/or part-time
COVID-19 considerations: We are curbside at this time and not allowing clients in the building, except for end-of-life care. We do supply the required PPE.
If you are a hard worker, enjoy a challenge–but also great rewards in helping pets and the people who love them–then please apply today! Use the online submission form or send a cover letter and resume to [email protected], ATTN: Tricia or Jessica.