We are continuing to allow Pet Parents inside with their pet for their veterinary appointments, as we have been doing since earlier this year. It has been wonderful to see all of our clients again in person!
Here’s what you can expect at your pet’s next visit as these changes went into effect on May 10, 2022:
- Masks will now be optional for all healthy visitors.
- If you would prefer our team to wear masks for your visit, or inside an examination room – please don’t hesitate to let us know by calling us or texting us when you arrive.
- Curbside Service will always still be an option if you prefer to remain in your vehicle for any portion of your visit. We want to make sure all of our Pet Parents are comfortable as COVID-19 guidelines continue to change. If you choose curbside, please call or text us upon your arrival!
A few other reminders…
All Technician and Doctor appointments will remain by appointment only.
- For Doctor appointments: Please book online, through our app, or by texting or calling for your pet’s next appointment.
- For Technician appointments including nail trims, injections, and medication administration we appreciate you scheduling those appointments in advance by texting or calling us at 317-228-0645.
We are continuing to ask that you please call, text, email or use the Pet Desk app to reach out to us in advance for prescription and food refills, so that we can let you know when they are ready. You can also easily access home delivery of prescriptions and food by visiting our online store here.
**We appreciate you giving us 48 hours notice for any refills – thank you!
We continue to ask and appreciate your patience when you call as there are often multiple lines occupied between outbound and inbound calls.
If your matter is not urgent, please consider texting us at 317-228-0645 or emailing us and a member of our team will respond to you just as soon as they can. Please understand we are not always able to fit every patient on the same day. While it is not our desire to refer patients directly to an emergency hospital, there are times we have to when our resources are such that we are unable to provide necessary and often urgent care.
Curbside Service (Offered Upon Request)
Appointments, pick-ups, drop-offs, medication, and food refills can be requested by Curbside Service.
- Please bring dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier
- Upon your arrival at the clinic, remain in your vehicle and call us to check-in
- A team member will discuss all your needs and concerns by phone during check-in
- A team member will meet you in the parking lot and individually bring your pet(s) in for evaluation and care
- You may choose to wait in your vehicle during your pet’s examination or return at a later scheduled pick-up time.
Additional Covid-19 Protocols we are continuing to take to protect our team and clients:
Frequent disinfecting of all clinical and common areas. From clipboards and pens to counters, exam tables, handles, knobs, as well as the medical supplies we rely on to provide care for your pet – ALL are receiving extra attention. Keeping our hospital clean is an essential priority.
Following personal hygiene best practices. Handwashing and personal hygiene are the most effective preventative actions we can take. When combined with social distancing, clean work environments, and personal protective equipment (PPE), these actions become exponentially more effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Our team is always conscientious about their personal hygiene, especially in an effort to keep everyone as healthy as possible.
As always, we are committed to serving you and your furry family. Thank you for your continued understanding and support of all of us! We appreciate your patience and support as we navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 safety guidance.
Rest assured, besides making sure our team is safe – our primary goal is to be here for you and your pet! We appreciate all the words of kindness, smiles, understanding, and positivity we receive on a daily basis – and for that we thank you!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
From your veterinary team at Michigan Road Animal Hospital at 96th Street
Please note: we do have a zero-tolerance policy for abusive behavior of any kind to our team, including verbal threats, cursing, etc. Please remember to be kind.
Pets and the Coronavirus:
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)also have comprehensive websites with up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health is available at the following online resources: